Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My 2 cents!

Well leave it to a man to do a womans job. I left Robby with the one responsibility of putting a stamp on my mom's letter and sticking it in a mail box. He bought three 2 cent stamps and when none of them stuck he taped them and mailed the letter at the box at Getty. None the less we got it back today with a note saying you can't tape stamps and by the way you need more then 2 cents! DUH! So I took over and put it in a new envelope with a new stamp and mailed it away. Hopefully you get it soon Mommy, sorry for the mix up!

I'm still waiting for my so awesome bag! I can't wait to show it off, everyone has been asking where it is because I've already told everyone about it!

Work is going really well. I like what I do but I'm with ya Mom, sometimes my computer is so slow I just want to bash my head through the cubicle... or lay it down and take a quick nap! I'm familiar with the systems now so I don't need anyone holding my hand through all the paper work I get anymore, and I've made friends! Charlene (who is well over 45 and loves to tell us about how she used to be a biker chick in the 70s with her huge bell bottom pants) and Angie, who reminds me soooo much of Margo from CAL. Angie picks me up every morning and takes me home on the days Robby doesn't come get me.

He has a construction job right now with this guy Kurt. He doesn't like it very much because he has to get up very early in the morning and Kurt doesn't let him take cigarette or lunch breaks! He works from about 7-4 without any breaks. He is off tomorrow and Your Place is hiring full time kitchen staff so I think he's going to go in there and see about getting a job.

Boscovs had a sale this week so I went and got myself 3 nice slacks and a sweater and a really cool shirt for work. I love being able to buy things with my own hard earned money! I made a calander on my computer at work with what bills need paid and when. This weekend I'm going to see about my cell phone. I think I'm going to try to get a pre-paid phone so I can cut out one more bill for right now. After I'm all caught up on that, which should probably take me about 2 months I'm hoping, I'm going to see about maybe taking a class or 2 at HACC. I'd like to get my degree in Early Childhood Education but I think I need to take it slow and not put too much on my plate so that I can really do well this time, and I want to keep working full time also.

Went to the Ren Faire on Sunday with Erin and the gang. It was so much fun to get out and do something with my friends, and sorry to say, but without the boy, haha. It was very windy at first and then it just got cold, but we still had a good time.

Mom, got your Christmas gift already! I saw it and had to get it for you, so I did. I can't believe it's November 1st tomorrow! The holidays are right around the corner... I don't know how it's going to be this year with everything that's been going on. For once in my life I'm not really excited for Christmas, just excited to see the Seattleites! Kelsey, Hanson concerts coming soon? We will have to figure out this across the country concert business when it comes!

I don't really talk to anyone in the east coast family except Nanny and Aunt Kris. I get up every morning and go to work and sometimes hang out with Robby until about 9 or 10 and then I'm in bed. Can you believe it? I'm usually ready for bed around 10pm! Must be getting old!

Well I've written a book so I think I'm off, it's almost bed time!

(Reminder for myself that The OC starts on Thursday... and while I'm on the subject, Mom and Kelsey did you watch the reunion of Flavor of Love? New York is going to have her own show! What is this world coming to!??! You know I'll be watching it though hahaha...)

No comments: