Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Like, OMG I totally met Taylor Hanson!

So this weekend was crazy filled with concerts!

Saturday, 9.6.08 was Backstreet Boys at Marymoore Park in Seattle. There's only 4 boys left in the group, so it was weird to not see Kevin there (sorry Mom). It was a great show, Kelsey and my friend Gaia from school came. They played for a long time and we met Aaron Carter and got his autograph... we didn't know what exactly he was doing there on tour with the BSB, but we figured since his career is pretty much dead, he really has nothing else better to do with his time then follow his older brother Nick's success.

Sunday, 9.7.08 was Hanson in Portland, OR. We got there around 10am, and met some really cool girls. It was nice to meet Hanson fans from the West Coast. We were about 25th in line, which was pretty good. The walk started at 2:45... for those of you who aren't familiar with what the walk is, and the cause we walk for, I encourage you to check out TakeTheWalk.net and see how you might be able to help out. Soon, it was 5:00 and time for me to get with the other fans who had Meet and Greet passes, and we met up in front of the Aladdin venue and went backstage in 2 groups. I was in the second group, which was cool because our time with Hanson was a little bit longer then the first groups. First, we all shook hands and introduced ourselves to the guys- I was super nervous. I gave Zac my drumstick to sign and he said it looked like one of his, which it was. I told him he gave it to me in Atlantic City, NC last year. He said it was difficult to sign circular objects, I told him I thought it would be hard and I was sorry, but I thought it would be a good thing to have. He laughed and I moved on to Isaac. He signed my drumstick and I asked him how his health is now (he suffered from a pulmonary embolism but had surgery and had it taken care of). I told him that I lost my father to a pulmonary embolism, he gave his regards and asked if I knew if it was in his arms or legs, I told him I thought his arms, and he told me he has heard lots of stories about death caused suddenly by pulmonary embolisms and is glad that he caught his before it was worse. Then, finally, it was time for Taylor. He signed my drumstick, and asked why I only had 1 stick and if I played drums. I told him no, that it was Zac's. I had a stick on tattoo on my wrist of a strawberry and he said it was cool and asked if it was real. I laughed and said no, but that I had a Hanson tattoo, he asked to see it, and I showed him the one on my hip that says "The Music Lives". I was super embarrassed right away and wish I would have shown him the Beatles one on my neck instead, because he is a huge Beatles fan. But, he said it was really nice and it was cool. I told him that I just moved here from the East Coast so it was cool that the year I moved out here is the first year they toured out here in 5 years. He said they were following me and laughed. I told him thank you for his music, and that it is really amazing to me and that I have been a fan since the beginning. He thanked me for being a fan and said they couldn't do it without us. Then, I got into the show early so I could have front row.
Kelsey managed to make it up right behind me when she got into the venue and these girls beside us were causing problems and pushing so hard, but I wasn't giving up my spot or letting them ruin my time!!

Monday, 9.8.08 was Hanson in Seattle. Kelsey skipped last period so that we could make it downtown in time for the walk, which was much more then a mile because they couldn't find an open area to stop to give their speech. By the way, walking in Seattle sucks- there's so many hills. Being on the Washington Street Team, I handed out flyers to the people of Seattle who were around during the walk and Taylor asked for one of us to be responsible to organize our own walk, which we already have plans to do. The show was seated, and we had 2nd row- it was a good time, not as crazy as Portland.

250 people walked in Portland, and 159 in Seattle. The boys give a dollar for each person in each city to go towards 1 of 5 different causes (digging a fresh water well, education, food, shoes, and Aids research), and they are trying to have enough people walk to equal enough miles put together to walk around the world. Again, the website I gave gives more information.

I am uploading photos to my shutterfly account as I type this, but there's a lot so it's going to take a little while and I have to get to work, so I will post again later with the address so that everyone can go check out my AMAZING pictures!!

Let's Walk!

EDIT:::: I added a link on the left that says My Photo Website. You can find all my pictures there!

1 comment:

nanny joan said...

Oh boy - like actually met him up close and in person. Wow...........

You must be exhausted from all that concert going. Don't get run down - take time to take care of you. I miss you very much. Love and hugs to all of you