Sunday, August 27, 2006

Jumping on the bandwagon

Well, since it seems like every other member of my family has started their blog on blogger.com, I might as well join 'em!

Life in Seattle with the fiance has been... interesting. I've had fun, but ready to get back to good ol' boring PA. I miss my Lauren and all my crazy cousins... but I sure am going to miss my mommy and my little sister... who really isn't so little anymore.

We really haven't been doing much out here... working a lot, but I love my job at Zeeks.... it's so much fun, sooo easy, and the people are very friendly... well, the employees are, but the customers out here in Greenlake Seattle are pretty uptight. I have been doing a lot to make sure that I will be okay in PA, I've e-mailed some places about jobs... Hall Manor (which isn't exactly the safest place) told me that I was a very fast typist and they enjoyed having me there, so if I send a cover letter and a resume they might have a postition for me. Oh, by the way, Mom, can you help me make a cover letter and a resume? :o)

My bestest friend comes home on Tuesday, KELSEY!!! And I have off. So I plan on going to the airport with the fam to pick her up, and watching Big Brother with her and mom that night. (Poor James got kicked out, I'm crushed)

I have the day off today while the fiance is at work... I am going to enjoy the evening I have alone and clean the house... how fun!

I wish we could go to Bumbershoot but Robby says we can't afford it. I really want to see Kanye West and sing "Golddigger" with mom... ah well, money sucks and I hate it.

1 comment:

nanny joan said...

I just left a post on my page. Your sister is spending some last minute time with the Kibler girls before she leaves tomorrow. I think she is ready to come back and start school. Please tell me you will not try and go back to work at Hall Manor - it is sooooo dangerous in that neighborhood. I know you will not have any trouble getting a job doing clerical work. When you get here you will have to sign up right away with JFC and try out a few jobs and see if there would be something long-term with temp to hire. My biggest worry about you is transportation. How are you going to get around. Wish you would have enough to get a car. How bout a moped or a small cycle? I just want you to be sure you know what you are doing, honey, because things have really changed a lot around here, especially the relatives - everyone is so messed up Pooh-Bear and I don't want you to get into any kind of traps with that. Robbie had better start taking care of you - he knows he will have to deal with me once you are back here. Gotta go get some supper - going for a sandwich with the oldest sister - she is out getting tires on her car. Talk to you soon. Be sure and talk to Kelsey when she gets back. I think she is really upset that you are leaving (I know she is upset)